Are you looking for long distance movers in Central CT? Hands On Moving are expert long distance movers in Central CT who specialize in making your move a smooth and enjoyable experience.
Moving Tips: How to Prepare for a Long-Distance Move
Let’s be honest; long-distance moves are no picnic. Moving, in and of itself, is stressful enough on every member of the family, but moving to another state is another story. That’s why you need to prepare accordingly.
Here are 5 planning and preparation tips that’ll help make your long distance move stress-free and affordable.
(1) Hire Professional Long-Distance Movers
Not all long-distance movers are created equal. The last thing you want is to hire a moving company that’ll arrive late, misplace your precious belongings or stretch out the move. That’s why you need to do a little research, shop around, and choose long distance movers with a track record of delivery, on-time arrival, and professionalism.
What makes for a great long-distance moving company?
● A good candidate is a moving company that’s fully insured and licensed to conduct long-distance moves.
● Has a good reputation: read online reviews from trustworthy sites like Google, Bing and Facebook. Many complaints and negative reviews are a telltale sign of shoddy long-distance movers.
● A great long-distance moving company is BBB accredited for extra peace of mind
● A good long-distance mover offers a FREE, accurate estimate with no hidden charges or questionable fees.
● Experience matters: a long distance moving company like Hands On Moving and Storage has decades of experience packing, handling, and moving items.
(2) Take Your Time
A long-distance move is not a day’s job. For best results, start planning your move 12-16 weeks before moving day. This will give you time to declutter, hire the right moving company, pack, say goodbye to your neighbors, and so on. Even better, draw up a moving checklist or task list to help make the whole process effortlessly easy.
A long-distance move is no cheap affair because long distance movers charge based on the weight of your stuff. That’s why you need to clear out the closets, the garage, and other nooks and crannies of your home for items that you no longer need. You can set up a garage sale, yard sale or simply donate them. Online marketplaces like eBay might also come in handy.
(4) Schedule your Move for the Off season
If your schedule is flexible, hold off your move until the busy summer moving season is over. Oftentimes, it’s far cheaper to move during winter, fall or spring when long-distance movers are struggling to score business.
(5) Visit your New Area
Long-distance moves are hard on every member of the family, especially kids who must make new friends and change schools. As such, you need to get acquainted with your new city, neighborhood, and school district. Visit local shopping centers, schools, parks, and other points of interest in your new area.
Long-distance moving doesn’t have to be daunting. With Hands On Moving in your corner, you can rest assured your move will be smooth, hassle-free, and affordable.
Hands On Moving - Your trusted long distance movers in Central CT.